Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Good ole summer time!!!

Well, I guess we wanted summer, but did it have to come from winter to summer, where was spring? I have to say, you can almost see the corn growing, that is great.
I can't believe how fast time goes, on the First of June, my parents would have been married 65 years, and we will so be married 46 years. Wish I could just sort of slow time down a little.
We lost a good ole neightbor and dear friend this last week, Jerry Townsend, and I can't help thinking back to when we were neighbors and my child hood days.
Last night I got such a surprise, my brother, David called, haven't talked to him in ages, was so nice to hear from him. He is upgrading, got a Cell phone, that is pretty good for him.
Gave me his number, so now I can get ahold of him better.
Dad is doing his golfing week, this week, certainly is hot enough, but he is handling it pretty good, lots of water and sunscreen. Takes it easy when he gets home. He really enjoys doing this activity.
I am doing things outside in the morning, then staying in during the heat of the day. But do have a luncheon scheduled for tomorrow with a friend. Always enjoy that.
Here's to a great summer!! Enjoy everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your right, time goes by way to fast..it's been a month since we were at MLW's place. Hardly seems possible. Thank you so much for arranging the get together on the farm. We were able to see Uncle Reed, Aunt Wanda, Scott, Gregg, and their wives also, the next night. Since we were only there for the four nights, the spur of the moment reunions were wonderful! I don't think I could have been born into a better family!

    We arrived home and noticed the face of the garage was bowing out. Needless to say, we have a massive, expensive repair job going on. Apparently the contractor who built the garage, poured the slab, placed bricks on the edge, proceeded to build, and didn't tie it into the slab. Thus, for the past two weeks we've been watching this massive foundation repair which, by the way, has to meet code now! Steve could explain it all better, but needless to say, this was an expense we hadn't planned on! Good thing our midwest trip, the well on the property, and our trip to Las Vegas and bull riding finals tickets were already paid for!

    Steve is at the property this weekend building the well house. When I spoke to him last night, all he had left to do is the roof. The filters will be installed next week. The first run of reds is slow, but the kings are in. I'm sure he will have his line in the Kenai before he drives home!

    I'm looking forward to a trip to North Pole for the little guys' first birthday. Leaving Tuesday for a week and am anxious to get there to hug those boys! Do you have grandchildren withdrawals when you haven't seen them for a while?

    Sharon.. we are losing all of the people who watched us grow up. The last time Jerry was here, she showed me a photo of all the children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren and said, "Look what Bill and I started." She was so pround of her family. Please email me their address. Thanks.

    When is your next trip to AK........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad dad called you! Trying to get him to Omaha soon. We miss him. Let me know if you're ever this way also! Shelli

    ReplyDelete